- Creation of a Mediterranean network of experts focused on research, innovation and transfer of knowledge for Food Security
- Development and implementation of a collaborative online environment based on an International Technology Platform
- Identification of 12 National Local Points, in order to strengthen National Extension Services in gathering needs related to the transfer of knowledge to stakeholders and farmers
- Identification and enhancement of the Best Sustainable Development Practices for Food Security in the frame of Expo Milano 2015
- Support to policy makers in the elaboration of programmes and policies.
5 Themathic Priorities
Feeding Knowledge activities are developed through five research and innovation Priorities for Food Security. Each Priority is made up of a network of researchers working on five white papers through a cross revision process. The main outcomes of these papers, together with the needs of target countries' stakeholders for food security, will be collected and systematized in a programmatic policy paper. This paper will be part of the Legacy of Expo and will be submitted to decision makers and to the international community.
priority 1Sustainable natural resources management
priority 2Quantitative & qualitative enhancement of crop products
priority 3Socio-economic dynamics and global markets
priority 4Sustainable development of small rural communities in marginal areas
priority 5Food consumption patterns: diet, environment, society, economy and health
- Online activities that will stimulate and support the creation of the International scientific network and the recognition of BSDP for feeding the planet
- E-collaboration strategies and tools to support the interaction among members of the international network aimed to analyze, develop and share knowledge
- Online collaborative databases on actors, sources, research, best practices, policies
- Innovative tools and strategies for scientific knowledge dissemination